The “how it all began” moment

So far as can be ascertained Tunstall bowls club has been in existence since around 1921/2, unfortunately club records, if any, of that time have been lost.

What we do know is that Lord Ullswater the prominent local land owner at that time donated land, now occupied by Fenule house on Woodbridge road.

A ‘rough’ green was formed on what was pasture and the club was formed, and formally opened by Lord Ullswater who bowled the first bowl (see photograph below) and the rest is as they say history.